Innovative Solutions in Remote and Rural Communities Healthcare Conference
Building on the successes of the inaugural conference held in 2016, the 2018 conference will focus on fostering thoughts and sharing ideas to find solutions to the many challenges of providing healthcare to remote and rural communities locally and internationally.
- Emergency Management and Pre-hospital care
- Education and Professional Support
- Community engagement
- Technology (including drones, robots, satellites and remote diagnosis and communication)
- Community care (including physical and mental health and wellbeing)
Plenary speakers include:
- Professor Jane Farmer – Director of the Social Innovation Research Institute at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Dr Verity Watson – Dr and Health Economics Research Unit, University of Aberdeen
- Mr Brian O’Connor – Chair at European Connected Health Alliance CIC, ECHAlliance (European Connected Health Alliance)
- Professor George Youngson CBE – CBE Emeritus Professor Paediatric Surgery, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Helen Brandstorp – Director, Norwegian Centre of Rural Medicine, Tromsø, Norway.
- Mr Paul Gowens -Programme Director Clinical Services Transformation, Lead Consultant Paramedic, Scottish Ambulance Service
- Mr Ian Downey – UK Ambassador Platform Network Coordinator, European Space Agency (ESA) Business Applications
Smarter. Faster. Better.
Vision enables nimble, collaborative working across the healthcare landscape. Predictive and adaptive it thinks ahead, processing data in smarter ways. So you can access the right information, faster, to make better decisions.
Visit our team of Vision experts to see our latest innovations and leading-edge technologies can be used for collaborative working and shared care in rural and remote healthcare communities.
for more information about the event, click here.